miércoles, 6 de julio de 2011

I Found My New House In Spain

Interesting title, I know, but I will explain.

Today we went to a place in Spain called Segovia which is similar to Toledo in the fact that its old with a lot of history. It has Roman roots that go way back. One big sign of this is the big aquaduct that goes through the center of town. It was quite a sight to see in person. I had never seen one personally. I liked it a lot. Its a structure that dates back hundreds and hundreds of years. Its amazing that it still stands here today as a reminder of the city`s history. I took a bunch of pictures of it because I liked it so much. Anyways, moving on.

After getting to Segovia and seeing the aquaduct, we hopped on a bus and went on a tour of the city and saw various buildings that I don`t really know what they are. They had cool architecture though. Then, we passed by a huge castle that is one of the reasons that Segovia is famous. Its like one of the ancient castles that you see in pictures and postcards. We had a conversation where one of the girls asked me how cool it would be to have a house near the castle because then you could tell people, "Yeah, I live near that big castle." I then said, "It would be better just to live in it." I said that once I have about 20 billion dollars laying around, I`ll get on it. Heres a picture.

So, thats my future house. Not bad I thought. Anyways, after the bus tour, we got to eat our lunch. Me, Karen and the other chaperones had the pleasure of eating the famous pork that Segovia has. Its another thing that the city is known for.  It was very good. its quite fresh too. Its a lot different than frozen stuff that you buy at the super market. Theres a picture of it.

After that we had a chance to walk around the town and buy some stuff. We actually didn`t buy much because most stores close during the lunch hour when we were out and about.

After that we went to a place called la Granja. I will admit that pretty much all of us were pretty tired and didn`t have much desire to go and walk around the place. Its a big garden that was built for one of the Kings of Spain 200 years ago. Its main attractions are huge fountains that are very spectacular that were built solely for the King`s eyes to see. These fountains were spectacular. What they proceeded to do was take us around to the four most spectacular ones and turn up the water on all of them and then watch them as they increased in pressure and other things. It was worth the trip in the end. Even though none of us was really looking forward to it, it went well. Some got wet because they turned up the fountain so much that water sprayed everywhere. Those fountains could get high. Probably 100 feet in the air or more. It was quite amazing.

After that we all came home and got to rest at long last. We are all pretty beat from doing so many things. Its been fun. Hope everyones doing just fine. Until next time.

                           -Johnathan





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario